[Q] The methods to attack Oracle WebServer..

From: <floran_at_mail.pcs016.co.kr>
Date: 1998/02/03

[Quoted] Hi everybody... I have to test a Web server which is build by another compony using Oracle WebServer 2.0 on Digital Unix V3.2G with Oracle 7.3.2. The Web server uses the functionality provided by WebServer and Java(V1.1).

The information displayed in this Web is valuable for business and Oracle and Webserver are running on the same system. So the security is very important.

[Quoted] I want to check if there are some security holes in this Web server. But I don't know the method. If you know, please send me a mail...

For example, there is a posibility that the system has some problems because of taking odd input such as control character. This input is used for DB query and another input to application of WebServer.

And I want to know the security hole of the WebServer itself and the method to process this hole. Are there any points which is easy to miss but important when developing Web server using Oracle WebServer 2.0.

Thanks in advance

ps)	I work for Korea Telecom FreeTel.
	My office call number is : +82-0344-909-0842
	My e-mail address is	 : floran_at_mail.pcs016.co.kr