Re: help wanted -- sql*net on solaris sparc

From: Jeffery Cann <jcann_at_fairway.com>
Date: 1998/02/03

Yumin Yin wrote:

> Hi, would anybody help me out? I just installed oracle wg7.3 on solaris and
> had problem with sql*net.
>
> The message is as following.
>
> $ lsnrctl status
>
> LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 2.3.2.1.0 - Production on 02-FEB-98 22:31:54
>
> Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1994. All rights reserved.
>
> Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=PNPKEY))
> TNS-12224: TNS:no listener
> TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> TNS-00511: No listener
> Solaris Error: 2: No such file or directory

It looks like possibly your tnsnames.ora and/or listener.ora in the /etc directory is not configured. Supposedly, you can use the SQL*NET configuration utility to make your tnsname entries. However, the last time I tried on HP-UX, Oracle told me that the configuration utility was broken. This was version 7.1.6. Possibly it is fixed now. If not, just take a look at the example files in the "SQL*NET TCP/IP User's Guide".

Cheers

--
Jeffery Cann
Senior Software Engineer