re:Linking problems for OCI/Pro*C on HP-UX using aCC

From: <dave_at_digidem.com>
Date: 1998/02/03

I am having the same trouble with the CC compiler. When i attempt to link my application i get an unresolved external on the sqlcxt function. If i comment out this call in the pre-compiled code i can link fine but my executable doesn't work correctly.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that i can't compile the pre-compiled code unless i include CODE=ANSI_C. If i don't i get a compile time error saying that the prototype for sqlcxt is incorrect. The pre-compiler comments out the parameters to the call. To get around this i used the ansi_c flag.

has anyone come up with a working solution to this problem? are you telling me that no one on HPUX using CC or aCC can compile a Pro*C program?

-dave

      http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet Received on Tue Feb 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message