ODBC Memory Allocation Error

From: Greg Van Holland <gregvhZZZ_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1998/02/02

I am experiencing the following errors:

	3157 - [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Memory allocation error.
	3157 - ODBC--update failed on attached (linked) table '???'.

It is happening in a Visual Basic program connected to Oracle via ODBC. Some sample code is:

	Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT COLX FROM TABLEX", dbOpenDynaset)
	do while not rs.EOF
		rs.Edit
		rs.Fields("COLX") = 1
		rs.Update	' this is where the error occurs
		rs.MoveNext
	loop

The first 350 or so updates are successful, but eventually the error occurs. There is a valid table name, I'm not sure where the '???' is coming from. I CANNOT issue an Update statement (such as UPDATE TABLEX SET COLX=1) - I need to perform the updates in the dynaset.

Thanks in advance!

Greg VH Received on Mon Feb 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message