Snapshots over SQL Server Gateway

From: <fbremner_at_sb.tecolote.com>
Date: 1998/01/30

We downloaded the Oracle Transparent gateway to SQL Server and have it working on our Oracle 7.3.3 server on NT. However, when we try to create a snapshot of the data on SQL Server we get an error. Here's the sql:

create snapshot LOCAL_FAPPN_MSSQL_SB2
refresh COMPLETE
start with Sysdate next SysDate + 1
as
select "appnid" from "fappn"_at_MSSQL_SB2 where "appnid" < 15;

ORA-09100: Target system returned following error [Microsoft][ODBCX SQL Server Driver] Connection is busy with results for another hstmt. ORA-02063 I know the link works, as I've successfully executed the select statement above. Does anyone know if it is possible to create a snapshot on a database link to SQL Server? If so, how do we do it?

thx,

Fiona