Re: Developer/2000 2.0 for Web Application

From: Brad Orahood <brad_at_fta.com>
Date: 1998/01/28

Luca Lattore wrote in message <6an05j$1bm_at_server-b.cs.interbusiness.it>...
>Hello,
>
>We are using Oracle Developer/2000 to develop client/server applications.
>Now we are trying to bring our Dev/2000 Forms Applications to Intranet/Web.
>At the moment we have got Developer/2000 1.5 and we are waiting for the
>release 2.0.

Keep waiting. There are problems with the installers with the current 2.0 release, and they don't properly install the web components. Oracle's answer to me: Wait for the next release.

>Our applications are running on web without any problem with Appletviewer
>and Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0.
>They are not running on Netscape 3.0 and MS Internet Explorer 3.0 because
>Developer/2000 uses the JDK 1.1.

>I don't understand because it doesn't run on Netscape 4.04 that uses JDK
>1.1.

That's because it's 1.1.2 JDK, and D2K want's 1.1.4, which nobody, including Oracle and Sun, provides a browser for.

>Is there anybody that knows if Developer/2000 2.0 run on Netscape 4.04 ?

It dosen't. It -will- run with the latest Explorer 4.0, but it's as buggy as hell. You
also have to specify that the form run in "quiet mode", as the wonderful version
of JDK Microsoft is pawning off interprets any "beeps" made by the application
as a security violation. Received on Wed Jan 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message