Re: People Soft Requirements

From: Ken Shirey <kshirey_at_commercial-data.com>
Date: 1998/01/28

I was the DBA in a PeopleSoft fin/hr implementation for a 2500 user community. We had 60 developers or so, since massive modifications were done to the system. I was initially the only DBA, however we eventually got a second (although each of us also handled 10 or 15 other Oracle database apps as well...) note: I get out of the asylum next week...

We used a Sparc 2000 for development, and a Sun Ultra 3000 for the production server. We were running Solaris 2.5 on our systems, and ran Oracle Server 7.2.3 and 7.3.2. The production server had 1.5GB of RAM and about 150GB of disk (but that was us...)

We did NOT use tuxedo, and I cannot see where you would need this, as SQL*Net worked beautifully.

Hope this helps...
Ken

Pinchas Nisenson <nisenson_at_acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote in article <6aj1a6$haq_at_ds2.acs.ucalgary.ca>...