Re: Installing Oracle 8.0.3

From: remove nospam <ab_at_nospam.sib.qc.ca>
Date: 1998/01/27

[Quoted] [Quoted] On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:15:35 +0100, Juergen Stienecke <stien_at_dicad.de> wrote:

>today I tried to install on Oracle8 Database.
>After Installing server I tried to configure database alias using
>'SQL*Net8 Easy Config'.
>This program always gets an execption in JAVA.EXE.

Hi,

I too went on installing 8.0.3 under NT, and I did get the same crash.

At first, I think it was because the NT was a french version and Oracle was an english version. Is your setup similar ?

Did you find an answer to this bug ?

[Quoted] Since I cannot configure Net8, access from the network is impossible, so it is unusable. Quite a "premiere" for an Oracle product !!! Received on Tue Jan 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message