%TYPE DECLARATIONS

From: Authorized User <sazua_at_mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: 1998/01/27

[Quoted] Anchored Datatype question.

[Quoted] In PL/SQL I have defined a cursor using the %TYPE attribute. The variable that I am declaring is being anchored to a column in a table that belongs to different user. For example

CURSOR get_all_rec (in_year owner.table.column%TYPE)  IS
SELECT ssn
  FROM all_records
 WHERE year = in_year ;

At compile time, the error "identifier 'table' must be declared". It interprets owner as table and table as column. I've created a synonym for

[Quoted] the other user's table, but it still doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions in trying to solve this problem.

Sara[EOB] Received on Tue Jan 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message