UTL_FILE package

From: Mark Schapira <mschapir_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 1998/01/27

[Quoted] I am trying to use the UTL_FILE package on a HP-UX server and I am running into the following problem.
The parameter utl_file_dir contains the path of the file that I am writing into. It is known by Oracle.
The directory referenced utl_file_dir is present and fully writable. ie. the mode is 777.
However, when I a test PLSQL program to open the open a file in the directory and write a few lines into it, I get an INVALID_PATH exception. What could be the cause of this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

Mark Schapira
mschapir_at_msn.com Received on Tue Jan 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message