Re: What is the best self teaching book on Oracle?

From: Dave Landry <davelandry_at_capitalone.com>
Date: 1998/01/25

I started with the Osbourne Oracle Press series of books, particularly with "Oracle: The Complete Reference". It's great as a tutorial but will also serve as a good reference for you later when you've got a grip on Oracle but need a reference. I recommend getting the "Electronic Edition" which comes with the entire book on CDROM with a viewing and search engine - saves you from having to lug it between work & home. It's not cheap but if you join the Oracle Developer's Program (www.oracle.com) then you can order Oracle Press books for 40% off of the bookstore price.