Is it possible to buffer the amount of records returned using Oracle OLE and a bound grid?

From: Michael Byrne <"Michael>
Date: 1998/01/25

Hi:

I'm building(attempting to build) an inventory control app using VB4/32 and OO40 data control. My app requires a grid (a Sheridan grid in bound mode... not my choice). My problem is controlling the amount of records returned into virtually memory when I set the recordsource and refresh the control. The specification of this application gives the user the ability to construct an SQL statement by selecting predefined values from a series combo and date-combo boxes and if he/she chooses to great a date range the user either has: 1)The equivalent experience to watching paint dry, or 2) Gets buried alive in records.

The Oracle Objects help file is a little vague on the subject buffering the number of records returned to a bound control. If anyone could fill in the blanks it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

--
Sincerely,
Michael Byrne