Query in R2.5 vs SQL

From: Peta Sams <p.sams_at_liv.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/01/24

[Quoted] Has anyone every had a problem with a query in SQLPLUS giving a different result from one using Report Write 2.5?

I have a query along the lines of

Select fields
from view table1, table2, table3, table 4 where (join view and all tables )
and (other selection criteria)
order by 3 fields from the view and 2 fields from one of the tables.

If I run the query in Report writer it seems to ignore the ORDER by clause. Cut and paste the same query into SQLPLUS and it does do the ordering. Confusing!

The selected fields include those used in the order by clause.

If you have any had a similar probelm perhaps you could let me know how you solved it

Thanks

Peta

Peta Sams e-mail : P.Sams_at_liv.ac.uk Computing Services Department
University of Liverpool