Re: Q: how do I commit in an import (i forgot)

From: AMARENDRA B NETTEM <nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu>
Date: 1998/01/23

Gary Assa wrote:

> I forgot what command line parameters to use when I want to commit, say, every
> 10000 rows, or 5 megabytes.
>
> I know COMMIT=Y must be used, but I forgot what other parameter.
>
> Was it something to do with BUFFER, or RECORDLENGTH, or ARRAYSIZE, or something
> like these?
> --
> ------------------------------------ [Quoted]
> If you have a condom and sunscreen SPF 15 or greater, than it's safe to look at
> http://www.panix.com/~gsa/index.html

[Quoted] SET PARAMETER COMMIT =Y (DEFAULT N , By default, Import commits after loading each object and Import will perform a rollback when an error occurs before continuing with the next object) commit after each array insert( buffer size).

Hope this helps

AMARENDRA

[Quoted] AMARENDRA B NETTEM			5039 N E River Road, Apt. 1A
Oracle Certified DBA (OCP)		NORRIDGE, IL 60656
Whittman-Hart Inc.,
311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3500
Chicago, IL 60606.

Ph.No. (708) 583 9870 (H)
       (312) 913 6758 (W)

 E-mail:nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu,
        anettem_at_whittman-hart.com

Homepage: http://www.iit.edu/~nettama

[Quoted] Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Whittman-hart
Inc.