PL/SQL Question for FORMS5.0

From: Frank Phillips <fwp_at_ufl.edu>
Date: 1998/01/23

[Quoted] [Quoted] In Forms5 I am attempting to write a PL/SQL procedure to dynamically [Quoted] populate pick lists. This is easy, but, I wish to include a where clause. The problem: When passing the variables to dynamically build the SQL code you must put single quotes around the variable. This does not work as PL/SQL uses the single quote as the delimiter for the string you must concatenate.

Sql_code := ‘select ‘||list_field||’ from ‘||table_name||’where ‘||where_field||’ = ‘||field_value;

This code will not work as field_value must be quoted. I have played with several formats attempting to get the quotes in, all have failed. Any ideas??? Thanks for the help. Received on Fri Jan 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message