Re: Go_form help!

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/23

>I've been attempting to use the Go_Form command in SQL*Forms 4.5
>using syntax GO_FORM('form name');
>
>e.g. go_form('seats');
>
>where 'seats' is DEFINITELY the form name. Unfortunately SQL*Forms
>gives an error stating that 'FRM-40738: Argument 1 to built in GO_FORM cannot
>be null.' Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

You've found one of Forms little quirks! The form must be open for go_form() to succeed but the error doesn't tell you that.

Try

IF id_null(find_form('seats')) THEN

   Open_Form('seats'); --<-- with or without other parameters ELSE
   Go_Form('seats');
END IF;
>Another thing. I have a go_block command in a script. The command
>used to sucessfully go to the correct block. Now it ALWAYS goes to
>the PREVIOUS block!

I've not seen this happen.

John

John C. Lennon