Sending E-mail with Forms 4.5

From: Chad Edwards <cedwards_at_infinet.com>
Date: 1998/01/21

[Quoted] I am working on an application which will allow me to send e-mail with Groupwise. I'm able to use Vdesign from Groupwise SDK to create a custom mail form. I can then embed this form into an oracle form using OLE. Then, of course, when I double click the icon, it launches Groupwise and I can send a mail message. Really nice!

I do have a couple of questions though.

    [Quoted]
  1. Is it possible to "grab" items from the embedded form (To field, From Field, subject, message, etc) and store them in my database? If so, any ideas how I do this? [Quoted]
  2. I know that not all of the users who will use my application will be using Groupwise. Any ideas on how I can tailor my form so that no matter what e-mail package someone is using, I can allow them to send mail AND grab the fields and put them in the database?

Thanks!

Chad

http://www.infinet.com/~cedwards

Official home of RMBL! http://rmbl.ml.org
[Quoted] E-mail dferry_at_flash.net to be put on the waiting list.
Owner/GM/Manager of the Columbus Capitals