Forms 5.0 problems with date property class

From: <harrir_at_mbia.com>
Date: 1998/01/20

We are having trouble using a property class that specifies a DATE datatype and a minimum value. If an item uses the property class, all is well until we save the form and reopen it, after which the inherited minimum (Lowest Allowable Value) has been overriden from "01/01/1900" to "01-01- 1900 00:00:00" (without quotes). The form no longer generates successfully, instead the error "FRM-32080: Invalid range value for given datatype" occurs. If we re-inherit the minimum value to that of the property class, then all is fine until we save and reopen the form, after which this same foolishness occurs. If we set the property class minimum date to be 12/31/1900, the month and day get transposed in the inherited item when the form is reopened.

Forms version : 5.0.5.4.0 on Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0 Database version: 7.3.3, although this is irrelevant since this problem occurs even without a DB connection.

The property class has the following attributes: Item Type: Text Item
Data Type: Date
Format Mask: mm/dd/rrrr
Lowest Allowable Value: 01/01/1900

The same problem occurs with the maximum (Highest Allowed Value) attribute and the DateTime data type.

Has anybody seen problems similar to this?

Roger Harris
Oracle DBA
MBIA Corp.
harrir_at_mbia.com