ole2 package in forms

From: Lisa Davies <lisa_at_cm.co.za>
Date: 1998/01/19

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me.
[Quoted] I have a form which uses the ole2 package to communicate with Microsoft Word 97. I am starting Word using

word_inst := ole2.create_obj('Word.Application')

My problem is this: if Word is already running on the user's machine, I want the form to use the one that is running rather than starting up a new copy. I am sure this must be commonly requested by other users of the ole2 package. I had it working when we were using Word for Office 95 - when Word made use of Word Basic and I had

word_inst := ole2.create_obj('Word.Basic')

If Word was already running this would just "connect" to that copy of Word.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Lisa

Lisa Davies
Computer Management
email : lisa_at_cm.co.za Received on Mon Jan 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message