Re: Debugging aids for developing web apps. needed

From: Derek Licciardi <kressilac_at_unidial.com>
Date: 1998/01/18

2 suggestions for the short term.

If your using WAS3.0+ then increase the PL*SQL cartridges error reporting level to 2 for the most complex. It does give line information that is fairly usefull. It sorta prints out a dump of the stack calls during abnormal termination. Your out of luck on internal errors though which seem to occur every now and again.

Modularize your code and/or use a development tool like Designer2K. This puts a consistency to the code(since it is generated) that allows you to debug errors more easily after fixing the first few.(the first few are painful while you learn the style of the generated code)

Just a couple of thoughts.
Derek Licciardi
dlicciardi_at_tcipro.com