Re: Job submitted via dbms_job, when does it first run?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/01/17

[Quoted] On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:13:30 +0000, Andy Hardy <Andy_Hardy_at_camk.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>From the available documentation, I thought that a job entered via
>dbms_job would run immediately(ish) and then at the defined 'interval'.
>
>In practice, it appears that the job is only run for the first time when
>you call dbms_job.run.
>
>Is this true, or am I experiencing local difficulties?
>
>Andy
>NT4, OWS 7.3.3
dbms_job.submit submits the job but does not commit. dbms_job.run does a commit (and hence would start the cycle for you). If you commit AFTER the dbms_job.submit call, it should run in the interval specified by the init.ora parameter for the job. Make sure you commit after the submit -- the run call is probably doing the commit for you and letting the job process 'see' the job for the first time...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sat Jan 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message