Re: Des/2000 & Dev/2000 Machine requirements.

From: Matthew Franklin <franklm_at_boat.bt.com>
Date: 1998/01/16

Chris McCallum wrote:

> Hi,
> Currently l'm investigating the hardware requirements needed for
> running Des/2000 and Dev/2000.
> I am after the 'real world' requirements of what the minimum (usable) and
> preferred configuration are for development and deployment.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Chris
>
> E-Mail :
> mccallum_at_csc.com.au

I am currently running DEV/2000 and DES/2000 on a P90 with 32MB of RAM on NT4, and I can say it runs like a dog! It takes about a minute for DEV/2000 to load.

I would suggest AS A BARE MINIMUM a P200 with 64MB of RAM and a quick hard disk >1GB.

The performance of the server also has an impact on Des/2000 as a lot of the generators use stored procedures.

Hope this helps

Matthew Franklin

| BT Labs Site: http://www.labs.bt.com/                |
| The views expressed in this message                  |
| are those of the author and not                      |
| necessarily those of British Telecommunications plc  |
| and/or its employees.                                |