Re: New-Bee To Developer/2000

From: Joe Strano <pdorsey.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/01/16

You will need help. Dev2K really needs a good template to be effective. You can either spend a year building and learning all the mistakes on your own, or you can get a mentor and (if you found the right mentor) avoid many of the pitfalls. When I first started with Forms, it took my about
a half day to make any new feature work the first time. You have to really understand how the product works to avoid that.

There are no books, courses, or CBTs yet to talk about real development. There are many papers presented at each Oracle conference that can give you good tips. You might try to get some old proceedings. You can download some of our papers from our web site "www.dulcian.com".

Forms is a very big product. I think that (in the hands of an experienced developer) it is perhaps the best product on the market. But the learning curve
is non trivial.

Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.

POKERDAN <pokerdan_at_aol.com> wrote in article <19980115141900.JAA04140_at_ladder02.news.aol.com>...
> I need some advise on the best way to start teaching myself Developer
 2000.
> I've had a couple of basic courses in Oracle 7. I'd like to be able to
 do this
> on my own without formal classroom training. Any good CBT courses
 available?
> Books?
>
> Thanks In
 Advance