Re: NLS_TERRITORY where first day is Saturday ?

From: Urs <Urs.Fasler_at_ezv.admin.ch>
Date: 1998/01/16

Urs wrote:

> >Is there any country where the first day of the week for D
> >date format is Saturday ?

> > Is it possible for you to order the rows returned by using
 something like
> > order by mod(to_number(to_char(date_field,'D')),7) ?

 Thanks for answering:
  i don't know if you have installed the oracle-graphics-tool?   I have a graphic with the occupation of holiday-flats.   The y-axis are the flats and the x-axis are days, group by week.

  The tool makes a grid with ticks every first day of the week.   So you have a grid on the graphic for Sundays. The Periods for renting   start always on Saturday. You have no chance to change the periods or   the first day in the tool.
  I have no chance to write SQL-Code.
  If i don't find a country where the first day   is Saturday i have to write a report with something like graphic   output.

  Have a nice day.

  Urs from Switzerland Received on Fri Jan 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message