Developer/2000 vs. Unify Vision/WEB

From: Matthew Chambers <chamberm-NOSPAM_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

[Quoted] We are about to begin a custom development project with about 190 tables that will be implemented nationwide using an Intranet architecture and accessed via client web browsers.

We were planning on using Developer/2000 as we have built several client-server apps with the tool with great success. We have begun looking at Unify Vision/WEB because:

1.  The "back end" architecture seems superior
2.  The tool generates Java applets
3.  Development time can potentially be reduced through the re-use of
common objects

[Quoted] Does anyone have any experience with both tools? I am comfortable with Dev 2K and anxious about potentially making the switch.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew Chambers

--
Please remove "-NOSPAM" from email address
if responding by email.