Unable to Load Data into Database

From: TimeVest Inc. <reb_at_shell5.ba.best.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

[Quoted] I'm trying to load data from MS-SQL into an Oracle Database. The data has already been put out as an ASCII flat file.

[Quoted] Two things I am trying to resolve:

    [Quoted]
  1. The date seems to give me a problem-- could someone send me an actual control file with a formatted date in it so I can see the syntax in use. Not just date, but a date and a time. [Quoted]
  2. In sybase, bcp would allow me to specify a different record terminator than just a simple newline. This was useful because I often had imbedded carriage returns in several fields. How do I load data into my Oracle database when the ascii flat file has imbedded returns in several of the columns. [Note: This is a variable length file with delimiters].

Thanks for anyone's help.

Bob
reb_at_pobox.com Received on Thu Jan 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message