"_disable_logging" parameter

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1998/01/15

[Quoted] On our (overloaded, underconfigured) development server I have been toying with the idea of enabling the "_disable_logging" parameter to lessen the load on the machine.

The databases on this machine are only backed up once per week anyway
(and are running in noarchivelog mode obviously).

Does anyone have any info on the possible consequences of this ? I know you can't perform database recovery but we don't do that anyway. However, what I am interested in is if the database goes down/up to
(say) power failure. Normally this poses no problems to the database -
but with "_disable_logging" enabled will this necessitate recovery from a cold backup ???

Cheers

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology
Perth, Western Australia
"These views mine not BHP..etc etc"

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad."