Re: SQL Plus Command Line Parameters in 7.3.3.2

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_pop.primenet.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

Mike van Thiel <thielm_at_maxisresearch.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know the SqlPlus command line parameters.
>
>I'm trying to do something like this
>
>sqlplus userid=john password=doe inputfile=runthissql.sql
>
>i.e. Trying to exeute sql from a command line without actually going
>into sqlplus.
>
>Thanks
>
>Mike.

Unless I'm missing something, this should work:  sqlplus john/doe _at_runthissql
( you will probably need to specify the location of runthissql.sql like sqlplus john/doe _at_d:\test\runthissql )

Also, you can add commands relating to feedback, spooling etc to the sql code and you can avoid seeing the sqlplus output as it runs.

John Greco
Oracle DBA
Email to john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us Received on Thu Jan 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message