Re: SQL Plus Command Line Parameters in 7.3.3.2

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 18:37:30 -0700, Mike van Thiel <thielm_at_maxisresearch.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know the SqlPlus command line parameters.
>
>I'm trying to do something like this
>
>sqlplus userid=john password=doe inputfile=runthissql.sql
>
>i.e. Trying to exeute sql from a command line without actually going
>into sqlplus.
>
>Thanks
>
>Mike.

from the sqlplus docs:

Starting and Leaving SQL*Plus

Use the following commands to log in to and out of SQL*Plus.

    SQLPLUS [[–S[ILENT]] [ logon] [ start]]|–?

Starts SQL*Plus from the operating system prompt.

logon Requires the following syntax:

  username[/ password][_at_ database_spec]|

          /|/NOLOG start Requires the following syntax:
_at_ file_name[. ext] [ arg ...]

so, you would

> sqlplus john/doe _at_runthissql.sql

make sure you put exit in the end of runthissql.sql so sqlplus quits as well.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Thu Jan 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message