Procedure Builder Problem

From: Gregg Flagg <gflagg_at_softsector.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

I'm hoping someone out there can suggest a fix for a problem we're having with Procedure Builder on Win95.

We've created a PLL file with all of our PL/SQL programs needed for mass data conversion to an Oracle 7.3 Sun box. The owner of all of the database structures is a user named PC_CYCIS.

When we log into the database as PC_CYCIS, all of the conversions run just fine. However, if we log in as another user, with appropriate rights set up, PB hangs on a sequence owned by PC_CYCIS, even though the sequence is prefaced with "PC_CYCIS." Then we tried creating a public synonym on the sequence. Works fine with PC_CYCIS, any other user -> Access violation.

We know that the sequence and user rights are set up correctly because the same SQL works in a variety of other tools, including Oracle's own SQL Worksheet.

All indications point to a bug in PB, but Oracle's tech support was worthless. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G Flagg Received on Thu Jan 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message