Re: Data Modelling Tools?

From: William Thomas <wthomas_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/14

It's hard to say what would be the best tool for you, not knowing what your requirements are. If you are looking for an Enterprise Solution, I believe you left off a major tool: Bachman Analysts/DBA (now Cayenne GroundWorks/Terrain).

ERWin ... lower scale, quick fix
ER/1 ... ?
EasyCase... lower scale, quick fix
ERStudio ... ?
Designer/2000 ... depends what you are trying to do, could be a tool that you should look at if....

[Quoted] [Quoted] I agree w/ Bert that PowerDesigner is a good tool. But as far as I'm concerned, Charlie Bachman is King, his tool's take the cake. The only true separation between logical/physical. Great support for Oracle (even better than D/2000). You should at least check Cayenne out.

WT