Designer2000 CDI-21733 error

From: Chan S W <chansw_at_sp.ac.sg>
Date: 1998/01/14

Hello world

About 2 months ago, my organisation was using two Window platforms: Win95 and WinNT. Both platforms were used by developers accessing Designer2000. We upgraded from Rel 1.3 (Win95) to 1.3.2 (Win95 and WinNT) and was told that the Repository also needs to be upgraded. However, to enable both Win95 and WinNT users to access the same Repository, I was told by Oracle to apply only the first 3 of 10 patches.

We have since moved over to WinNT and discarded Win95. I applied the remaining 7 patches to fully upgrade the Repository to 6.0.10. After applying the 7 patches, I checked there are no objects invalid, disabled or missing. But when the Object Navigator is activated, the error CDI-21733 (error text: Invalid installation. Cannot retrieve server version. Cannot continue.) appears.

What is the cause and how do I prevent/resolve this error? If you have any info on this, please reply me at chansw_at_sp.ac.sg

Thanks.

Regards
Chan Received on Wed Jan 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message