Re: exp / imp question

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/01/13

[Quoted] In article <Z6bWtIAcF4u0Ew4e_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>, Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk> writes
>In article <69fml9$m6u_at_mozo.cc.purdue.edu>, "Todd M. Helfter"
><tmh_at_ecn.purdue.edu> writes
>>Could someone give me a pointer to exporting and then importing
>>a user. I want to take users with their passwords from one database
>>and put them in another.
>>

>>I have tried the exp and imp utilities, I'm not quit getting it.
>>
>>Todd
>just use fromuser and touser command line options...
Sorry, I missed the password bit.
I would still used the imp/exp route but precreate your used with whatever password you want and then import into your "new" user.
Steve

--
"The floggings will continue until morale improves."