Re: Date Format Question

From: Kevin Beatson <kevinbeatson_at_mindless.com>
Date: 1998/01/13

Our approach to dates is to make date fields char. A When-Validate-Item Trigger calls a pll routine which copies the result of a call to a second function to the system trigger item.

The seconf func "check-date" alows the user to enter all manner of shortcut keys such as T (for today) and disallowing any dis allowed formats. Obviously this same code can be called from any other code to return a 'valid' date.

The 'call' to first func is attached to a "dateItem" class type, so in all normal circumstances, all we have to do is just set the property class property, and it all looks after itself. Received on Tue Jan 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message