Re: problems in D2K

From: Patrick Wolf <patrick.wolf_at_telekabel.at>
Date: 1998/01/13

Hi,

>[...] i get the window where i can type the code between a begin and
>end but i can type absolute rubbish and can get away with it. i type
>begin ppodjdhsdfklsdfjfls; fkgjhewriu,vdfsgsdf; end; and there was
>absolutely no error reported. the trigger was saved with no errors.

Have you pressed the CLOSE or COMPILE button ? If you have pressed the CLOSE button, forms will show you the errors if you compile the form. BTW, the triggers you edit aren't database-triggers, they are forms-triggers.

>[...] who said that d2k was using an older version of pl/sql which is version 1 and
>sqlplus uses version 2. but if i remember correctly i installed
>everthing off the same CD. then why this problem ?

Every client product like Forms or Report have there own local pl/sql-engine, this has nothing to do with the database-pl/sql-engine.

>also i alternately tried to create a database procedure which i would call from the form.
>this gave me an eerror that the proc had'nt been declared.

Have you already connected to the database ? Call the menu File/Connect... to establish a connection to the database. Now you should be able to compile your code, without an error.

Hope this helps
Patrick

Patrick Wolf
Working for Scientific Games, Vienna

E-Mails: patrick.wolf_at_telekabel.at (private)

         wolf_at_scigames.at (firm) Received on Tue Jan 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message