Re: Finding the maximum length of fields

From: Lawrence Simela <lsimela_at_mahalini.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 1998/01/11

If you declare your varibles as types of the columns then you rarely need to know maximum lengths of columns
i.e.
v_description cars.description%TYPE;
for a column called description in the table cars. The variable will automatically be as large as the column thereby removinf the need to know its maximum length....

Lawrence Simela