Re: Login screen in forms4.5

From: Alan Campbell <alan_at_mullen.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/01/10

I called the LOGON_SCREEN function from within the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger to get logon information (save the info. in global variables). The called LOGON which trigger the ON-LOGIN trigger which had the LOGON command again (with user details saved from before).

I had to put a check around the LOGON command in the ON-LOGON trigger to only execute it if the global variables were set to something. This stopped the logon dialogue box comming up when the form started.

"juanda" <juanda_at_rocketmail.com> wrote:

>>It's not so easy, as it seems to be! You of course have to handle
>>on-logon trigger and put there LOGON procedure. In
>>When-New-Form-Instance do your own logon-screen-processing. But keep
>>in mind, that when you call LOGON from outside the ON-LOGON trigger,
>>it will jump into ON-LOGON trigger first!
>>
>>So you have to use some trick, to avoid double logon, or even worse
>>double logon-screen.
>>

>How to do that ?

>>| Cezariusz Marek Cezariusz.Marek_at_ComArch.pl |
>>| ComArch Bielsko-Bia³a tel. +48 33 143526 |

---
Alan Campbell
alan_at_mullen.demon.co.uk