Re: Migration from Oracle Reports 1.1 to 2.5

From: Mal Heseltine <mth_at_qld.mim.com.au>
Date: 1998/01/09

Oh dear, you've got some problems then!

You're best bet is to contract someone with 1.1 experience because it is safer/easier to change the 1.1 version so that it converts cleanly to 2.5

Reports 2.5 is more strict/thorough on what you can do. Reports 1.1 allowed some sloppy programming practices to go unchecked and unfortunately programmers made use of some of the "features" that went unchecked.

One classic example is the REP-1517 error in 2.5. Column <col1> references column <col2> which has incompatible frequency.

This one occurs because 1.1 has a &SQL statement which references a column that is assigned to an incompatible group.

I would suggest getting bug fixes from oracle support as they have documentation on how to get around most of the problems.

Good luck,
Mal