Re: Rollback segment problem

From: Mary Travis <Mary.B.Travis_at_bridge.bellsouth.com>
Date: 1998/01/09

[Quoted] Could be that the rollback segment in test couldn't grow because other rollback segments in the same tablespace were using up the available space. Do you have the optimal parameter set on the rollback segment storage to force them th shrink periodically?

Just a thought.
Mary Travis
DBA
EDS Supian Zainuddin <msz1_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Our team is having problem with rollback segment.

>The scenario is as follows;

>We have 2 servers allocated for the project i.e. development and system
>server. Both with Oracle 7.1.3 installed and an application kit ( same
>on both servers ).

>Upon executing the application ( both sides ), a batch job is launched
>with the same user name ( having the same authoristaion and allocated
>parameters ) targetting on the specific server.

>The system server managed to complete but the development gave an error
>of rollback segment too small.

>Both DB on both servers were allocated the same rollback segment size,
>therefore in theory this should not have happened.

>The only difference that we could detect is that the tablespace sizes
>are slightly different, will this have an impact on the rolback segment
>?

>I appreciate any tips from anyone who have had the same problem, or
>whoever that knows where the problem might be, or any tip whatsoever.

>Does anybody have any real documentation on rollback segment that you
>could forward that might help.

>Thank you to all.

Mary Travis
BellSouth Telecommunications
email: Mary.B.Travis_at_bridge.bellsouth.com Received on Fri Jan 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message