Re: How can we make distinct of one particular column!

From: Pedro Nuno Gomes Pimenta <p.pimenta_at_ifb.pt>
Date: 1998/01/08

Lawrence Simela wrote:

> But is this what you asked for Pedro?
>
> Joel's query does not appear to select all the rows from table.I thought all
> you asked for was simply to display column 2 once for each distinct value
> i.e.
> COL1 COL2 COL3
> AAAA 1111 XXXX
> BBBB YYYY
> CCCC ZZZZ
> DDDD 2222 ++++
>
> i.e. "eliminating the repetitions of column2."
>
> See my solution in my earlier e-mail
>
> Lawrence Simela
> MAHALINI CONSULTING LIMITED
    Hi!

    Yes i saw your solution! And it works, to display column2 once for each distinct value of column2!

    But that was not what i "tryed" (my english is bad as you noticied) to put as a problem. What i really wanted and that's what joel's solution does was to eliminate the rows where column2 repeated showing only once row.

        Well, regards and thank's. Hope i can help you sometime!
                Pedro