Help with Pro C dynamic method 4

From: Joseph <gollapal_at_brcsun0.tamu.edu>
Date: 1998/01/07

[Quoted] I am running Oracle 7.3.2 on Solaris 2.5 and Pro C 2.2

I am trying to use the dynamic method 4 to get data from oracle tables. Everthing works fine but if I use and expression in the select statements
it does not get the correct datatypes.
Example if one is number(5,2) and its value is 22.22

             and two is number(5,2) and its value is 11.22

and I execute the statement using this select using sample10.pc  select one/two from table test;

will give an integer 1 while on an SQL statement will give the result 1.98039
which is the correct answer for 22.22/11.22 = 1.98039

I checked the variable T[i] which is the value of the datatype of the select
statement it is always set to an integer (which is 3) even though one and two are
both floats. Is there a way to get around this?

In short I want to use the dynamic method 4 and include an expression in the
select statement that will result in a float. Currently I get an integer?
Please e-mail me at gollapal_at_brcsun0.tamu.edu. Thanks in advance
Joseph Gollapalli Received on Wed Jan 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message