Re: Installing ConText option with Oracle 7

From: Lawrence Simela <lsimela_at_mahalini.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 1998/01/07

I too managed to install ConText option after much fiddling around. I also managed to get CTXSRVR73 running (and CTXSRX73.EXE ) I aonly encountered errors while attempting to index columns on large tables. In the end I had to abandon ConText 1 and (Oracle7) and install Oracle8 and Context 2.0.

A few things to try to get ConText 1 going:

1. Run the two upgrade scripts in the ctx73\admin.
2. make sure that CTXSYS user is actually called CTXSYS
3. make sure that during the install process you created user DRSYS during
the install process (run script of the same name in ctx73\admin) 4. Make sure you logging on the command line of CTXSRVR.EXE with the CTXSYS username and password in one line as in username/password

Lawrence Simela