Re: Help Setting Up Oracle Enterprise Manager & Oracle Intelligent Agent

From: Guus van de Sande <dyntas_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 1998/01/07

Hi,

I have recently done this job in a Open VMS/ NT/Win95 environment. I'll describe the way I did it briefly:

  • Install Oracle 7.3 client software (in my case I placed it on an NT-fileserver)
  • Install Oracle Enterprise Manager in the same environment it will copy some DLL's to your client-station and changes your Registry
  • CONNECT to the E/M instance via SQL Plus as the user OEM (mind that you gives this user SYSTEM-like privileges !)
  • Run the script for creating the repository (the name is referred to in the installation manual)
  • Run the network topology manager to create a TOPOLOGY.ORA from the actual TNSNAMES.ORA (try to use the registry-entry TNS_ADMIN to point to the right directory instead of the default network/admin) This gives you more control on C/S security.
  • Start the Enterprise-manager from your client. You will see a DES 2000 like interface with very rich functionality. I love it.

If you have the Performance Maneger License you should install it in the same environment. It 'll help you to quickly examine the status of your databases.

regards,

Guus van de Sande
dyntas_at_wxs.nl

Manoj Jain <Jain.Manoj_at_sv.sc.philips.com> schreef in artikel <34B2B97E.96B6B798_at_sv.sc.philips.com>...