Do "imp", "exp", and "sqlplus" return status?

From: Anthony Sute <asute_at_engagetech.com>
Date: 1998/01/06

Hello All:

Do "imp", "exp", and "sqlplus" return status codes on Oracle 7.3/NT? The driver for my application consists of a Bourne shell script (being run with the GNU/Cygnus "bash" shell interpreter) calling these utilities to unload and load tables to files, and having to check the return codes from them to determine success. All I really care about is if the calls were entirely successful or not (I am hoping that "0" is returned if successful, and any non-zero value returned if an error is encountered).

I'd appreciate it if replies could be e-mailed to me at "asute_at_cmgi.com".

Thanks in advance!

  • Anthony Sute