Oracle Gateway Products

From: David Larson <dklarson_at_megsinet.net>
Date: 1998/01/06

We are considering the use of the oracle access manager and transparent gateway products and would like to know if anyone has any opinions on these products. We've heard one negative comment about performance.

We'd like to use the transparent gateway to isolate our developers from having to worry about multiple data sources (let the database handle this for them). We need the oracle database to maintain gateways to both DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server. Slowly we would migrate off of SQL Server and only be accessing data on Oracle and DB2.

We plan on using the access manager to load db2 data directly to the Oracle database, which would eliminate the need for us to develop/maintain a scheduling system operating between the two databases. From what we understand, this product could allow the mainframe to send data directly to Oracle.

Thanks in advance for any information you are able to provide. If possible, could you send your reply to me directly at "dklarson_at_megsinet.net".

Regards,
Dave Received on Tue Jan 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message