Visual Basic 5.0 Vs Developer 2000

From: Harvey Mark <IMCEAMS-EARTH_PO1_msmrh>
Date: 1998/01/06

        I've spoken to VB people whereas I am a DEV2000 man. VB programmers swear by VB whereas DEV200

        people swear by DEV2000 - no suprises. I think the truth is that both tools have advantages over the other, it

        depends on the application. I personally have found the following to be true :-

	Application			Best Tool
	========			=======

	OLE				VB
	Window API's ...etc		VB
	Matrix Forms			VB

	Txn Processing			DEV2000
	Heavy on SQL			DEV2000
	Throughput			DEV2000

	WEB Stuff			Don't Know

	Basically, in a nutshell, anything to do with Txn Processing
DEV2000 has the edge, anything with a
	windows bias, probably VB. This is no real suprise given that
Oracle can draw upon it's own RDBMS
	functionallity from within DEV2000 applications.

		Mark Harvey.