Re: SQL Navigator - Anyone using?

From: Fredrik Larsson <no_spam_mail2fred_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/01/04

> Yep, I have a team of 5 developers using it for PL/SQL programming, and
> have been for several months. We like it. There are a number of features
 we
> are not using, and I think it could improve in some areas, but it is
 stable
> (Windows 95), user-friendly, etc. As someone else said, Oracle should
> provide something like this.

It was me... 8-) I read about the tool in a magazine when I was at Oracle waiting
for a demostration of tools that they could provide... I remembered the URL and
I am very happy that I chose SQL Navigator. Too bad for Oracle whom missed a
chance to sell an application but that is life...

> My opinion ? Yep, its good. Other tools exist, keep SQL Navigator in your
> list of finalists.

I myself use in combination with Oracle's SQL*PLUS and Worksheet. There are some capabilities that they should enhance (overview reporting capability)
and some minor bugs. I just should get myself time to write it all down and send to them.

I believe that you don't need to regret that you purchase SQL Navigator and by using it in combination with the tools that Oracle provides from installation
you will get much work done.

I also believe that SQL Navigator has been developed by using Borland Delphi
which is a development tool I highly appreciate for doing application development.
(I use it myself 8-) ) Received on Sun Jan 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message