Re: Login screen in forms4.5

From: Novak <shujda_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 1998/01/03

JAYABH wrote:

> Hi all GURUS there!!!
> I am developing an application using forms4.5 and wany to develop a cutomized
> loginscreen. I am not able to do it. Please anybody could help me out
> please???????????
> My email address is jayabh_at_worldnet.att.net
> Thanks a lot in advance.
> Tushar

I belive that this will help you. You can find it in Forms45 help screen if you click on Help, Contents, Index and then type in LOGON and then click on button Display.. An important reminder: Do not try to use this code more then 1 time in your form,
for instance in menu item 'Change login'. It will not work and is known as bug. You will be able to login the first time only, and if you try to logon again you will get error message 'invalid cursor' . Good luck! Novak L.
PS
If someone has a workaround for this, please inform.

Syntax:
LOGON(username, password);

LOGON(username, password, logon_screen_on_error);

Built-in Type: unrestricted procedure

Enter Query Mode: yes

Performs the default Oracle Forms logon processing with an indicated username and password. Call this procedure from an On-Logon trigger when you want to augment default logon processing.

Parameters:
This built-in takes the following arguments:

username Any valid username of up to 80 characters. password Any valid password of up to 80 characters, including a database connect string.
logon_screen_ on_error An optional BOOLEAN parameter that, when set to TRUE (default), causes Oracle Forms to automatically display the logon screen if the logon specified fails (usually because of a incorrect username/password). When logon_screen_on_error is set to FALSE and the logon fails, the logon screen will not display and FORMS_FAILURE is set to TRUE so the designer can handle the condition in an appropriate manner.
Restrictions:

· Must not already be connected to a database. (Use the LOGOUT built-in first, if necessary.)

· If you identify a remote database, a SQL*Net connection to that database must exist at runtime.

· Oracle Forms can connect to only one database at a time. However, database links may be used to access multiple databases with a single connection.

Example:
-- Built-in: LOGON
-- Trigger: On-Logon
DECLARE

  un  VARCHAR2(80);
  pw  VARCHAR2(80);
  cn  VARCHAR2(80);

BEGIN
  • Bring up the logon screen Logon_Screen;
    • Get the connection info un := get_application_property(username); pw := get_application_property(password); cn := get_application_property(connect_string); IF cn IS NOT NULL THEN LOGON(un,pw||'_at_'||cn); ELSE LOGON(un,pw); END IF; END;

See also
On-Logon trigger
LOGOUT built-in
LOGON_SCREEN built -in Received on Sat Jan 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message