Forms5.0: Query Data Source Arguments

From: Patrick Wolf <patrick.wolf_at_telekabel.at>
Date: 1997/12/31

Hi,

I'd like to create a block based on a stored procedure/package with a ref cursor and additional parameters for the query as shown in the online help example
(->Building and Running a Form/Modifying a Form/Adding a
Block/Creating a data block from a proc. that uses a ref cursor)

The procedure looks like this:

PROCEDURE empquery
  ( resultset IN OUT empcur
   ,p_deptno IN NUMBER
  );

Question: How can forms map the p_deptno parameter to an existing forms item (deptno)?

I have also tried a procedure that looks like this:

PROCEDURE empquery
  ( resultset IN OUT empcur
   ,deptno IN NUMBER
  );

But forms doesn't map the deptno-item to the procedure-parameter if a query is executed.
It only works if I define a value in the 'Query Data Source Arguments'-Property.

Thanks for help
Patrick Received on Wed Dec 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message