Cancel Operation when procedure is running

From: YyWong <yywong_at_math.hkbu.edu.hk>
Date: 1997/12/31

I have a procedure that use TEXT_IO package to read in a data file and insert records into database. This operation, by estimation, need about 10 - 15 mins to finish. During the operation, the user wants to set a [Cancel] button to cancel the whole operation and rollback all change.

My question is how can I interrupt the procedure or is there a way to send a system message to stop the procedure when the [Cancel] button is pressed? Just like the "On Error" command in Visual Basic!

Thanks! Received on Wed Dec 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message